Problem: Some fields not indexed for search
I discovered that I was getting some content that was not being indexed with Drupal 7 and my search setup. At first I thought is was just a problem with Apache Solr but then I tested Drupal Search and found the same thing. The problem I was having was with custom fields I defined (in D6 you would use CCK, but in D7 they are called fields). I also had Display Suite installed and arrange fields.
Search only indexes content that is displayed. With Display Suite it appears to index only those fields that are included in the default display.
I don't use the default display now for anything except to decide what fields will be indexed for search.