Video of Sessions and Keynotes.
As a full conference attendee, you are entitled to complimentary streaming access to the full multimedia content from Symposium/ITxpo for the next year.
We have already started loading sessions to the site and within seven days, the transcription will be added to the site and available for key word search. Please take the simple steps below to log in:
- Visit www.GartnerEventsOnDemand.com
- Click Sign in at the upper right
- Enter your user ID: email@example.com
- Enter your password: visit+
- On the home page, click on My Account in the upper right hand corner and select US Symposium/ITxpo
- Use the search bar or the primary navigation filters such as “View all Sessions,” “View all Keynotes”
- Click the green ‘Play’ button to stream the sessions.
If you have any questions, please stop by the events on demand booth in the Dolphin Foyer or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday and Tuesday at Gartner
Things I wish I knew more about:
- # of servers and # of virtual servers, % windows and linux
- IT budget 2011, 2012, % of Revenue IT budget
- # of employees IT and all both in Provo and globally
- Size of Data center SQ Feet white space and servers
- Why is Nu Skin Contract info sent out in spreadsheets?
Things I learned about Monday
Creative Destruction is symbolized by burning fields to make them fertile again.
- What fields do we need to burn?
- Need to challenge the traditional IT relationship of being a service provider and taking requirements, instead be a collaborator.
- Get rid of all paper
- Stop binary thinking There is a gray area between
- Make it fun to do IT. Redecorate IT to be and look creative. Most people in the business are analog not digital.
Use Pace Layered
- Systems of Innovation
- Systems of Differentiation
- Systems of Record
Post Modern Business
- Anything goes
- If you don’t deliver the business will find a device or application they like better.
- This has happened with Ryan Newman not in IT, Byron not in IT, and HR some not in IT.
- IT will soon need to focus development first on Mobile then on desktop.
- QA should test Iphone, Ipad, Tablets, Andriod now
- By 2015 Mobile application development will outnumber PC 4 to 1.
- Context Aware computing
- Most Patents held by Steve Jobs (300+) are about user experience.
- In about two years some companies will run in-house app stores
3 big trends they see
- More smart phones than PCs – should start designing for mobile first
- Social will replace email
- The entire physical world is being recreated virtually
Google Apps Demo
- Gmail can translate emails
Google+ join a hangout for a video conference
Things I learned about Tuesday
Jim Livingston email@example.com – Associate CIO (Director of Opterations) U of U Health Care
- Data Center used Smith Group to achieve PUE of 1.2, Oracles was 1.3, Average is 2.5
- White space is flooded with outside air, use no cooling 80% of the year, can preheat (redirected exhaust) or precool (chillers) air when needed.
- No rasied floor, just on cement
- All exhaust air is captured and sent out ceiling
- No hot spots in Data Center
- Water fire suppression, dry pipes, 3 level alarm
- Density for research CPU’s 45,000 KV per foot
- Lowered cost to build from $43 million to $21 million
- Plan on Using NagiosXI plan to come down for a visit to see how we did it
Human Capital analytics, Gene Pease – CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can measure how effective different HR things are like leadership development, training programs, etc. Leading company
Derek Sotkowy Strategic Marketing Samsung
- Working on Enterprise solutions including Exchange, encryption, VPN, management for Galaxy Tab
Yammer free social network with enterprise options
- Can integrate with Active Directory and provide same access permissions
- Can integrate with SharePoint pulling meta data from SharePoint, restricting access same as SharePoint
- Can pass any security audit
- Free version, enterprise version
Nagarro – Dan Kehoe Dan.email@example.com
- SharePoint services for application development
Vigilent Data Center Cooling Monitors and Controls
- Drop cooling cost by up to 40% Add devices to every 3rd rack with two temperature sensors. Use private wireless network (not WiFi) talks to gateway and turns on and off coolers as needed.
- Dan Mascola firstname.lastname@example.org